Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1. Overall, the quality of feedback that I'm getting from my classmates is great! It's specific, which helps me to know exactly what I should repeat/change and doesn't feel like the "empty praise" that we've talked about during the semester. Some of my favorite comments are the "What if..." style of feedback which can help prompt developments in the creative process.

2. I'm trying to follow the same guidelines when I leave comments -- spotlight small details that I think are intriguing and unique and I'd like to see again in future posts, or identify a change that I think could improve the quality of the writing.

3. For an online class -- which obviously discourages the social elements of the traditional classroom -- I feel like I know my peers somewhat. There are a few people whose blogs I've gotten on the randomizer more than once, and these "repeaters" have stuck in my mind a little better than the others. I think my intro gives a pretty decent idea of who I am.

4. While I don't plan on changing my intro or comment wall, I will try to leave more "What if..." style comments on other people's blogs. As I said before, these are the types of comments that I find to be the most useful and I'm sure I'm not alone.

This graphic by Shauna Geraghty is a simple way to highlight the elements of good feedback -- check the chart before you leave a comment!

Comments

Popular Posts