Tech Tip: SoundCloud Embedded

For my first portfolio entry, I wrote up a version of The Three Little Pigs in verse -- something inspired by the Robin Hood unit in the UnTextbook.

Most of the ballad poems of the era would have been performed by traveling bards and storytellers who would recite the words over music. Often, this would have been a small, easily transported instrument like the lute.

A painting of a woman playing a lute. This one appears to have 23 strings, but they weren't all that complex. Source: Wikipedia Commons.

I found this lute tune by a composer named John Dowland and thought that it would be a great fit for my ballad. Here's a preview of what it sounds like:


The piece, called The Frog Galliard, is an example of English Renaissance instrumental music and I think it adds some cool flavor to my poem.

Comments

  1. I am so glad that worked! I am a big fan of SoundCloud. You can upload your own audio and such too, I think it's free up to 3 hours. That's how a student made this podcast version of her project last semester: Storybook Podcast. The music is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Spencer,

    First of all, this is an awesome tech tip that I will have to try in the future weeks of this semester. I had not noticed this on the tech tip list yet. Also, I think it is super cool that you embedded a tune that was perfect for what you were trying to do. How cool!

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts