Tech Tip: Canvas Mobile App

I've been using the Canvas app since I first got to OU (an upperclassman in the band recommended that I download it) and it's very helpful. This class is an exception, since the majority of it is found on non-Canvas blogs and websites, but every other class that I've taken here has been run almost entirely through Canvas. Because of this, my phone can double for my laptop in emergencies (I've done quizzes and completed reading assignments via my phone when I haven't had my laptop on me) and it's super useful for checking grades or upcoming due dates while I'm on the go.

The biggest benefit of the Canvas mobile app is the messaging service. Last semester, I had a professor who communicated with us exclusively through Canvas emails. Because of the app, I was able to receive push notifications every time he changed a due date, offered extra credit, gave me feedback on a project, etc. rather than having to sit down before bed and check my inbox at my apartment when I had Wi-Fi for my laptop.

You could probably get by without using the app, but for purposes of having information about grades, deadlines and teacher announcements a click away at all times (and accessible via mobile data), you can't beat the Canvas app.

Note: I'm on an Android phone, but I've got a number of friends who use the app on iPhone and they haven't had any problems with it.

I'm using a Samsung S7. Source: Flickr.

Comments

Popular Posts