Comment Wall

My site.

Comments

  1. Hi Spencer,
    I love the format of your site. I like the pictures, and the colors made the website very attractive, especially the book emoji at the very top left. I like the buttons at the bottom that link to the different stories. The little descriptions really help people get a feel for what the different stories are about before. The stories are very good; I love how you retold each one in such a different way, especially the three little pigs story. I just realized your pages look like real book pages! HOW COOL! The pictures also fit in well with the aesthetic of the whole book. In your second story, your spacing out really makes the story flow better.
    Also, your author's notes are very descriptive. I could read it and understand how you changed the original. Also, I like your little notes in your author note about just like the background why you picked a certain story! Good work. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Spencer! I just finished reading your stories and was so incredibly impressed! I love the formatting and the way you were able to tell the story in prose form. Additionally, I love the old English language you were able to incorporate into this story. It gave a traditional child's tale such a unique literary merit. I do think it might be beneficial to include pictures throughout the entirety of the page. I saw that on Chapter One, two pictures are included. The pictures are great but because there are only two it leaves a lot of residual space on top and underneath them which could potentially be filled with other engaging visuals. I love that you decided to include The Frog Galliard example. It really helped me to understand exactly how these types of stories would have been told.

    Great job on these stories! Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Spencer!

    I really appreciate your approach in chapter one of your story! I seriously do not think that I have ever come across another story that has been written in verse like that. Personally, I am quite fond of stories that are written in verse simply because they are so fun to read aloud. Fortunately for me, I happened to have my sound turned on when I read the story, so I got quite a surprise when the music began. Strike two for unique things that I have yet to come across in all of the stories I have read so far. I am really curious to know how long it took you to finish this piece and how much you struggled with it. I am interested writing a story in verse myself, but I think it is a daunting task that I am not quite sure I am actually ever going to attempt.

    Great job again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Spencer,

    It looks like you are really enjoying these assignments and taking them in full stride. Your first chapter in your portfolio was absolutely wonderful! The story written in verse is truly unique. Also it was super creative to have music incorporated to your website. I think the colors and theme you used set the tone from the mood of your stories. I am interested in reading more of you stories and see what other unique ideas you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Spencer, I just want to say that you've done a great job on your portfolio already and I really enjoyed reading it! The first story was especially unique and your ability to write it in verse was mind-blowing to me, so please continue doing and incorporating awesome and crazy ideas into your portfolio! I am also a huge fan of the utilization of music in the website itself because that was an idea that I would not have ever tried out or even thought about doing in my own work. Great job on that! I am really interested in your great use of images and creating an experience in each chapter of your story! That is so cool to me and I will have to try to add some of these ideas into my own project. Keep doing unique and great things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Spencer,

    I am quite impressed by how you retold your stories. Each new way of writing that you tried seemed to go successfully for you. I have not tried to write an entire story in rhyme as you did with Chapter 1, but your execution was done pretty well. I would not have been surprised to find this written by an author who has practiced this method. Both stories were very complete in their telling, but I wonder what happened with the lamp after Richard left it in the shop. I think it would be ironic if it ended up in the trash yet again. I really like the layout and images of each page of your website. My only suggestion would be to put the music video at the top of Chapter 1, so the readers can listen to it while they read as was intended. Great job on your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Spencer,

    The first thing that I would like to say is that I love the design of your site. I really like the background that you used and I feel like it really helps with the readability. Additionally, it looks like an actual paper and kinda has a vintage feel that I think is really cool. I also really enjoyed both of your stories. I like how you use photos to help the reader visualize the story. I think that it is really cool also how it feels you are going very in depth in your writing. The stories both feel like you spent a lot of time on them and that is something that is very apparent as a reader. I like how you wrote the stories in a rhyming scheme. I feel like that is something that takes a lot of talent and adds an aspect to the story that others don't have. I really want to try and do this with one of mine so I may try it when I retell my next one. Let me know if you have any tips and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spencer,

    I remember reading your Three Little Pigs story before, and I was just as impressed by it the second time! You have an incredible knack for writing prose. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps spreading the pictures equally between the left and right side of the text, just to make it a bit more even and not as empty on the right hand side of the page. Other than that, I love the aesthetic! The music choices are great as well. The change in style for your second style is really effective and fresh. I love the main character; the reader can gleam so much about his personality from his actions and dialogue (also props for using dialogue. It is done beautifully and flows very well). I loved how grumbly and grumpy he is, especially at the end! I wonder what the shopkeeper is going to do with the lamp after Richard leaves; what a great place of contempmlation to leave the reader. A great start to what I'm sure will be a great portfolio. I can't wait to see what else you'll add to it!

    -Moriah C.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts